From time to time, we have trained service dogs available for sale. Our dogs may be available at varying stages of their training. For local and regional clients, we often integrate very specific needs into the training process before the dogs are complete, so the final phase of training can include highly customized tasks. We train all of our dogs with a broad foundation of solid obedience and emotional self-control to make them versatile and capable problem solvers. We may also occasionally have dogs available who are not able to become service dogs but are ready to be exceptional companions.
For the most successful working relationship, we must make a careful match between each dog and person.
AVAILABLE – Hank, Potential Service Dog and/or Steadfast, Entertaining Companion
Handsome Hank is not just any mixed breed individual. Michael identified him as exceptional at 8 weeks of age. Though we didn’t know his total makeup at that time, we now can identify his talents, capabilities and (very few) shortcomings.
Hank has a firm temperament; he’s no shrinking violet. But he’s not dominant and is dedicated to pleasing his person. He is an enthusiastic learner and is ready to learn more useful tasks to please his new person. You should know, he has a strong internal clock. There isn’t a lot of (quiet) sleeping-in when you live with Hank.
Some of Hank’s best features:
- Great travel buddy: easy to load, happy to ride.
- Energetic player: tug, retrieve, find-it. He loves any game you can dream up. He’s also good at self-play with a boomer-ball, but then you’d miss out on the fun!
- Trustworthy housemate: Hank will relax at your feet with a chew for hours, once he’s had his exercise.
- Great with cats: he grew up with two cat friends and is interested in polite (if enthusiastic) engagement, nothing to offend a confident feline.
- Mobility helper: Hank has completed his basics in pick-up training. Fine tuning should be done if you’re dependent on his assistance.
Appropriate with other dogs with qualifications:
– Hank is interested in meeting dogs he doesn’t know but doesn’t insist on it. He’ll follow you and leave other dog alone if you command him. If he is allowed to engage, he’ll get into an intense game of chase and/or wrestling.
PLACED – Tess, Service Dog
Tess is a pure-bred Border Collie that we chose and developed specifically for service work. She excelled in all her training goals with good judgement and a ready spirit. She is a joyful, sensible companion with a deep sense of responsibility.
Tess offers her person the following services:
- Public access obedience
- Pick-up work
- Meaningful companionship
- Anxiety reduction
To find out if we have a Service Dog available for training or ready for placement, please contact us to discuss your needs.